Mrs. Shum, Kit Man
Mrs. Kitman Shum has been a learned teacher of beauty for more than thirty years. Beginning in the 70s, Ms. Kit Man had the golden opportunity to attain a formal schooling of beauty concepts in both skin care and make-up. Through this learning phase, she took in the tip top knowledge of beauty from the trade pioneers of Asia and Europe.
Then, she started her own beauty institution in Hong Kong, helped in educating students in the art of beauty and skin care. By the 80s, her school’s enrollment had exceeded ten thousand, and many of her graduates had gone on to be successful beauty experts, contributing to the society with their talents in beauty.
In 1987, Kitman came to Los Angeles to spread her wings. She became the vice president of the Los Angeles Monita Hair and Beauty Center. In a few years time, she had successfully established Monita as the image of beauty and grace; she also created a new trend of beauty among the communities of Los Angeles. Kitman had since been a registered member of the American Institution of Aesthetics (AIA), and life time member of the International organization of beauty, the Comite International d’Esthetique et de Cosmetologie (CIDESCO).
When Kitman met with Dr. Tony K. Shum, their mutual affection for beauty brought them together, and their union in marriage turned out to be a very synergetic one in their career as well. The Shums began developing their dream of a comprehensive medical beauty service center.
In 1991, Mrs. Shum started San Marino Enterprises, Inc., a beauty product research and distribution company. Since then, numerous quality skin care products have been made available to not just the Los Angeles area, distributorship had extended across the continental US, and also across the Pacific to many places in Asia.
On a more personal level, as a dedicated Christian, and a loving mother of two lovely children, Mrs. Kitman Shum takes her Christian values very seriously. She sees serving the needy and giving back to the society as a meaningful duty and a great enjoyment. In addition to developing a comprehensive medical spa to serve, Mrs. Shum also participates in numerous good will charities, such as the American Cancer Society "Feel Good Look Better" program, volunteering as the make up instructor. Her involvement with the Chinese Christian Hearld Crusades (CCHC) has been most loyal and supportive.
Mrs. Kitman Shum’s positive life perspective has brought her many valuable friendships. She believes that when one approaches life with a loving and thankful heart, one can draw tremendous strength from this source, and many can benefit from this special spirit of sharing.
Mrs. Kitman Shum's Education & Experience:
- Chief Executive Officer of Doctor Shum’s Choice skin care products
- Membership of Aesthetics’ International Association (AIA)
- Registered Cosmetician of California State Board Of Cosmetology
- Honorary Director of (CICA) Association of Esthetics (Hong Kong)
- Diploma Holder of International CIDESCO since 1984
- Certified Cosmetic Laser esthetician
- Over twenty years experience on laser and cosmetic surgery
- American Cancer Society "Feel Good Look Better" - volunteer make up instructor
- World wide beauty training experience
- Honorary Director of World Chinese Women Association 2009
- Director of USA Christian Mission Seminary
- Sponsor and contributor to the San Gabriel Herald Christian Health Center