UlTRAcel is an effective resurfacing and skin tightening treatment that also delivers results on stretch marks, dark circles, and acne scarring. This treatment is a combination of three highly effective technologies – Grid Fractional Radio Frequency, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, and Fractional Micro Needling, which sends heat energy into the dermis promoting collagen growth and elastin production. The results are healthy and youthful-looking skin.
- Skin tightening and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treatment of scars, acne and open pores (Microneedling)*
- Improving skin texture, creating a smoother younger looking skin
If all three layers are to be treated, a program of treatments is recommended.
3 Modalities of treatment can be used alone or in combination.
LAYER 1 (GFR): Contraction of the Superficial Epidermis
Grid Fractional Radiofrequency is also known as Thermage. This non-invasive step delivers heat and energy to the collagen fibers of the skin, causing the upper layers of the skin to tighten.
LAYER 2 (FRM): Contraction of the Dermis
This is known as Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling (FRM). It involves energy being delivered deeper into the tissue, combining the benefits of deeper radiofrequency collagen stimulation as well as unprecedented collagen remodeling caused by microneedling. This can cause plumping and tightening of the skin. It is ideal for scarring and also treats active acne.
LAYER 3 (FUS): Contraction of the muscular layers (SMAS)
High intensity focused ultrasound waves are used to target a layer of tissue that previously could only be improved with surgery. The superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) will tighten and contract as a direct result of the focused thermal energy applied to it when layer 3 is treated with UlTRAcelTM.
ULTRAcel TM Treatment in Los Angeles
As you age, your skin starts undergoing certain transformations. Your natural collagen and elastin begin breaking down, causing your skin to lose its firmness. When compounded by environmental pollutants, lifestyle choices like smoking and excessive drinking, and sun exposure, these alterations can change your smooth, youthful-looking skin into aged, sagging skin.
Luckily, facial plastic surgery is no longer your only viable option when your skin sags or face falls. The cosmetic dermatology field offers various minimally invasive skin tightening and lifting treatments to tighten, firm, and help lift your skin to restore a more youthful look.
Skin tightening procedures such as ULTRAcel treatments are an efficient and effective means to improve the original quality of the skin and address issues associated with skin laxity. To discover if all these non-invasive treatments can help you accomplish your goals, speak with our board-certified medical director in person. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation at our DSC Laser & Skin Care Center in Los Angeles, CA.
What is ULTRAcel?
Ultracel is one of the fastest, most common, and most effective minimally invasive full facelift treatments available. It offers an entirely non-surgical approach to treating acne scars, enlarged pores and addressing fine lines and wrinkles. Ultracel delivers various modalities through one very clever system; Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling (FRM), Grid Fractional Radiofrequency (GFR), and High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU). These modalities are used together as impartial or stand-alone treatments but are more effective when combined.
Ultracel skin tightening treatment achieves short- and long-term results with little or no downtime.
Is ULTRAcel the same as HIFU?
ULTRAcel and HIFU offer a non-surgical facelift and skin rejuvenation. Collagen and elastin proteins are the crucial fiber making up your skin’s connective tissues. They support your skin’s structure and foundation to maintain its firmness and elasticity. However, both decline with age causing sagging skin, looseness, and the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
ULTRAcel is the same as HIFU but with the extra benefit of real-time imaging. Moreover, while ULTRAcel and HIFU utilize ultrasound to activate natural skin rejuvenation, they use varying types of ultrasound beams.
Is the ULTRAcel treatment effective?
The radiofrequency delivers heat, affecting collagen in the deeper layers of the skin, causing its deep structures to tighten and produce new and remodeled collagen over time. Ultrasound waves are then radiated to a meticulous or controlled targeted skin depth where thermal heat energy tightens and contracts underlying tissue. Thermal deep tissue treatments fuel the growth of new and healthy collagen for protracted and more intensive tightening. The medical-grade micro-needling component of ULTRAcel treatment with radiofrequency uses exclusive technology to permanently break down scarring, separating old scarred tissue and forming new collagen.
The ULTRAcel is indeed effective. Furthermore, multiple independent clinical trials have tested the efficiency and effectiveness of this non-invasive skin tightening treatment and confirmed it to be effective. After reviewing the results from the clinical trials, the FDA approved ULTRAcel skin tightening to be a safe and effective treatment for loose skin.
What is the downside of the ULTRAcel treatment?
ULTRAcel skin tightening is the ultimate treatment for your skin and facial rejuvenation producing exceptional results. It helps to:
· Moderate or diminish large pores
· Minimize or reduce fine lines and wrinkles
· Treat acne and acne scarring
· Reduce sagging by tightening your skin, typically jowls, neck, and eyebrows.
· Improve overall skin texture and tone.
· Restore a youthful and smoother appearance.
Moreover, it works on the SMAS layer (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System), which is generally improved by surgery.
The primary downsides of the ULTRAcel typically arise from disparities in the technique and skill of the practitioner.
· The danger of a botched procedure resulting in permanent side effects that could worsen the patient’s appearance post-procedure.
· Redness, soreness, and swelling (similar to a mild sunburn), which are the outcome of an inflammatory reaction, could follow ULTRAcel application. The energy starts by marginally burning the skin’s underlying tissues to stimulate collagen and elastin production by the body.
· If the energy concentration is exceptionally high, it could damage underlying tissues and cause severe injury. This can be easily eluded by allowing a medical professional with the necessary training in ULTRAcel application to carry out the procedure. Our team comprises the right candidates to perform this minimally invasive surgery.
· Superficial bruising and numbness can occur, taking a short time to heal. Your skin starts to feel smoother and tighter after the first treatments, and the results continue improving for up to six months, increasing with additional treatments.
· Full results take time to show. Most patients cannot expect to see complete results for at least a month for chest treatments and three months for facial rejuvenation. Collagen remodeling is a steady process!
· Lastly, the ULTRAcel may not be very effective in extremely loose and wrinkled skin. It has been found to work best on skin with some firmness level.
Contact us to schedule a consultation
At DSC Laser and Skin Care Center, we want everyone to feel at their best and resume normal activities immediately. As a leading aesthetic medical center in Los Angeles, CA, we offer a bespoke variety of treatments to deliver the highest patient satisfaction and aspire to positively change clients and their lives.
Our mission at DSC is to serve you in the best manner possible. We appreciate our customers’ unwavering support, and we will continue to remain a Center of Excellence in dermatology and anti-aging research. All our ULTRAcel treatment options are performed by well-trained, experienced, and professional personnel, with utmost concern regarding our clients’ well-being and satisfaction. Contact us today at 626.285.0800 to schedule a consultation, and let us help you every step of the way!
Before and After
How many treatments are needed?
For skin tightening, most clients will see results after one session. We usually recommend two sessions, and some clients may need three, depending on the severity of loose skin. Session spacing will vary from person to person and would vary from three to 12-month intervals.
For scar treatments, a course of three or more may be needed, but again, it depends on the severity.