Are you looking to rewind the clock and reverse the visible signs of aging without going under the knife? Do you wish there was a safe, effective, long-lasting treatment available to tighten and contour the skin on your face or body?
Well, there is. It’s called Thermage, and it’s taking the beauty world by storm.
Thermage is a unique radiofrequency (RF) therapy that smooths and tightens the skin for a youthful glow. Safe and non-invasive, many are turning to this revolutionary technology to lift and perfect their skin.
In this article, we’ll tell you everything you want to know about Thermage, how it works, and the results you can expect. Let’s get started right away.
What is Thermage?
As we grow older, the collagen that keeps our skin tight, toned, and smooth deteriorates. We begin to see imperfections, fine lines, deeper wrinkles, and sagging.
Thermage is a radiofrequency therapy that addresses and reverses these visible signs of aging in minutes. Thermage can be used on both the face and body, and it works by stimulating the formation of new collagen underneath the skin.
How does Thermage work?
During a Thermage treatment, the application device delivers heat to the deep, collagen-rich layers of your skin. This heat stimulates your skin and promotes the regeneration of broken-down collagen.
While the majority of the heat generated during a Thermage treatment is directed into the deeper layers of the skin to promote collagen growth, the device also travels over the fibrous setae. These then contract, creating a naturally sculpted, contoured effect.
Results are noticeable after one treatment. Do keep in mind, however, your body can take several months to produce new collagen. This means the full outcome of your treatment will continue to develop over a three- to six-month period.
What are the benefits of Thermage?
Thermage is a low-risk, high-reward treatment that offers several attractive benefits:
- Non-invasive. Thermage does not involve surgery or injections.
- Single treatment. A Thermage treatment takes between 30 and 60 minutes and is usually all that’s required to achieve the desired results.
- Painless. The Thermage procedure is quick and relatively painless.
- Long-lasting results. Results from a Thermage treatment improve over time and can last for years.
- Minimal downtime. After treatment, you can get back to work or fun right away.
- Versatile. Thermage is effective in treating loose skin and wrinkles on the face (including the delicate skin around the eyes) and across the body.
Your top Thermage questions – answered
If you’re new to Thermage, you probably have some questions about the treatment and what to expect. We have you covered. Here are your top Thermage questions – answered.
What kinds of results can I expect after one Thermage treatment?
You can expect smoother, tighter, more contoured skin around the treatment area after just one session. You may see an immediate difference in your skin, but results will continue to develop and improve over the following months as your body produces new collagen.
How long will my Thermage results last?
The vast majority of patients enjoy results that last between one and two years. The results you achieve and how long they last will depend on your age and the condition of your skin before the treatment.
How many Thermage treatments will I need to get the results I want?
One of the big drawbacks of non-invasive cosmetic procedures is the number of treatments required to achieve results. Thermage is different. Most patients achieve the look they want after just one treatment. The best part: their results keep getting better and better over time.
What areas can I treat with Thermage?
Thermage is suitable for use on the face and body. This includes the area around the eyes, neck, buttocks, arms, knees, abdomen, thighs, or wherever you are experiencing loose skin.
Does Thermage hurt?
The Thermage treatment is relatively comfortable. During the procedure, you will notice vibrations emitting from the treatment device – these have been shown to minimize discomfort.
You will also experience a short-lived heating sensation when the device touches your skin. This is quickly followed by a cooling sensation.
How much does a Thermage treatment cost?
Thermage is a client-tailored treatment that is priced depending on the size of the target area and condition of the skin. Schedule an appointment with your trusted practitioner for a personalized quote.
Does Thermage have any side effects?
Some people experience minor swelling or redness after treatment. These side effects typically subside within 24 hours. Overall, Thermage is an extremely safe treatment option.
How long after my Thermage treatment can I get back to normal activities?
In most cases, patients can return to their normal activities immediately after their treatment. There is no downtime or complex after-care routine to be mindful of.
How can I maximize my Thermage results?
Here are a few tips that will help you get the most out of your Thermage treatment:
- On the day of your appointment, be sure that you are well hydrated. Your technician might also give you a few pre-treatment instructions – follow these exactly.
- Schedule your Thermage appointment no sooner than four weeks after any other anti-wrinkle treatment. Using Thermage too soon after other treatments could cause damage to your skin and impact your overall results.
- Directly after treatment, stick to mineral makeup.
- Following a Thermage treatment, be sure to practice sun safety. This is essential. Always apply an SPF 50+ sunblock to the treated area when you go outside. Reapply every two hours if you are outside for prolonged periods of time.
Experience the Thermage difference
If you are ready to turn back time and reclaim youthful, glowing skin without invasive surgeries, Thermage could be the ideal treatment option for you.
Request your free consultation with one of our experts today to learn more about Thermage and determine whether or not it’s right for you. We are more than happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. Smooth, contoured skin awaits!